Partners, Associate Members, Bridge Program, Heritage Parent Program
(Membership application information):
ROLE TITLE: Mentee/Learner (Client)
ORGANISATION: One2One Mentoring Network
ORGANISATION TYPE: Charitable Organisation (not for profit)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Key Partners & Mentors, One2One Mentoring Network
Respect: We believe in the core principles of equality, diversity, and the importance of ensuring all our clients are treated with dignity and fairness.
Honesty: We strive to be open, transparent, and respectful of confidentiality always.
Caring: We are empathetic and strive to be accessible, providing our clients with unconditional positive regard always.
Listen: We respect our clients’ right to be heard, express their own opinions, and follow their own belief systems.
Passion: We are committed to empowering our clients and enabling them to achieve their goals.
Teamwork: We will strive to form the necessary affiliations, associations, and partnerships to benefit our clients.
Inclusion: Our Network is committed to ensuring a culture of inclusion and connectedness and so strive to value, respect and work with people from diverse backgrounds.
|CONFIDENTIALITY||Coaching and mentoring relationships are confidential and so all our Volunteers are familiar with the Data Protection Act 1998, detailing information on personal responsibility and liability around confidentiality breeches.
We are a GDPR compliant Organization.
|HEALTH & SAFTEY||All our Volunteers are required to take reasonable care of their health, and Mentors/Coaches will notify key partners if unable to continue a mentoring/coaching relationship because of health or personal issues. They will also take reasonable care of their own health and safety, so clients are not affected by acts of omissions. We will ensure that statutory regulations, policies, codes of practice around mentoring, coaching and equality/diversity are adhered to.|
|ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY:||Our Network strongly recognizes the need for long term environmental sustainability and the importance of reducing carbon emissions by encouraging safe and green practices that will have a positive impact on our environment.|
|SAFEGUARDING POLICY:||All our Volunteers are expected to be up to date with Adult Safeguarding policies and recognize, identify, and support vulnerable adults at risk of abuse.
Our Network has an Adult Safeguarding Policy and Lead.
Our Mentoring Programme:
- Bespoke one to one mentoring/coaching (virtual or face to face)
- Group mentoring mentoring/coaching (virtual or face to face)
- Focus groups to provide a platform to explore barriers to progress linked to race and gender
- Podcasts or webinars to explore life-style issues that may affect career progress
- Webinars on topics to promote self-improvement and empowerment
- Workshops, seminars, and conferences to promote self-improvement
- Activities to promote benefits of learning through reflection
- Training and support to develop mentoring skills and engage in peer to peer mentoring
- Volunteering, apprenticeship, and internship opportunities (when available)
- Opportunities to improve presentation and interview shills utilising our panel of highly experienced professionals
- Support and advice from industry professionals
- Opportunities for peer mentoring
Mentees should be:
- Be willing to raise the profile of our network on social media platforms
- Be willing to engage in community events that will raise the profile of the network
- Be willing to engage in activities involving raising funds and sponsorship to support network activities
- Be prepared to engage in relevant research and review of key articles related to mentoring /coaching practice, race, diversity, and equal opportunities
Important Additional Information to Note:
- Organisational activities are delivered solely by experienced Volunteers.
- We provide a holistic mentoring program consisting of all the above listed and not only one to one or group mentoring.
- You will receive maximum benefit from our program if you participate in most or all the activities listed. It is well known that active involvement in social ventures can result in future employability prospects.
- Bespoke one to one formal mentoring is provided as part of our mentoring program and only on a needs basis.
- You will always be expected to remain courteous and respectful towards peers and Volunteers.
- You will be invited to participate in a mentoring survey when you first join the Organisation as part of membership requirements.
- You will be invited to provide feedback on completion of a specified formal mentoring arrangement and twice yearly for all other programs.
- You will be invited to be part of our Mentee WhatsApp/Social-Media learning Community.